Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

He - An old Christian favorite

He

He can turn the tide and calm the angry sea,
He alone decides who writes a symphony,
He lights every star that makes our darkness bright,
He keeps watch all through each dark and lonely night.
He still finds the time to hear a child's first prayer,
Saints or sinners' call can always find Him there.
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live,
He'll always say, "I forgive."

He can grant a wish or make a dream comes true,
He can paint the clouds and turn the grey to blue;
He alone knows where to find the rainbow end,
He alone can see what lies beyond the band.
He can touch a tree and turn the leaves to gold,
He knows every lie that you and I have told.
Though it makes Him sad to see the way we live,
He'll always say, "I forgive." 



One of those lovely Christian oldies which I sang during my younger days. It brings back so much of memories when I just became a Christian 30 years ago. 
I love to sing this song when I walked to classes during autumn. When I stepped on those golden falling leaves while singing, "He can touch a tree and turn the leaves to gold", my heart was so at awe that our God is in control of the four seasons.
When you listen to this song, do not rush through. Enjoy both the soothing music as well as those meaningful lyrics, and most of all, giving praises and honors to our God.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment