Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blog Title: Higher hands Are Leading Me

This song has a very special place in my heart. It was the song I chose for my water baptism on 21st March, 1982.
The lyrics spoke to me clearly. No matter who I will become, where I will be, what I will be doing......the higher hands of God are leading me all the way until my days on this earth are done.
Such a blessed assurance!


Higher Hands Are Leading Me
by John W Peterson
Though it seems I’m oft unnoticed
And lost in time and space
God above is watching o’er me
Though I cannot see his face
Chorus: Higher hands are leading me [2x]
I am not alone, I know
As I walk this world below
For higher hands are leading me
There’s a great eternal purpose
In the life of everyone
And someday, we’ll know its meaning
When our days on earth are done
All my times are in his keeping
He has numbered me my years
And someday he’ll take me yonder
Where there’ll be no pain nor tears
So I face an unknown future
Full of faith and unafraid
And the peace I have through trusting
For the world I would not trade
For those of you who know this song or it has been part of memories of your past. Let's sing it together and declare the full faith and assurance that we always have in the Lord Jesus Christ.

You may want watch this Youtube and enjoy the song:



1 comment:

  1. A wonderful song. The Peterson Trio was such a blessing. They would sing every time John and his family visited his brother's church in the 60s and 70s. John Peterson was a very genuine Christian and song writer.

    ReplyDelete